To cloud or not to cloud?
No longer the question anymore, as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite on DVD or disc does not exist.
Is this a bad thing? Should you sign up to the Adobe Create Cloud?
Those are the real questions today when looking to get the best software for creative design.
Adobe Photoshop and Premier have long been the leader when it comes to creative tools. Whether you are a professional graphic designer, photographer or the occasional photoshop hobbyist.
Adobe is not about to give up their title of being the #1 choice for many professionals.
The new cloud-based platform appears to be the key to maintaining their status as a leading company in the field of digital creative tools.
Check out the following video for a better description of how it works.
I still use my old DVD based Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 and Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0. They still work well but they are showing their age when it comes to formatting in newer video versions and sharing on social media is hit and miss.
Key Advantages to Cloud-Based Suite
- Instant software updates and ability to download new apps as they are released
- Cross Platform integration, an example is you can start creating on your smartphone and finish the fine details on your desktop.
- Live sharing of tasks with a team
- Integration with Behance leading creative community
- Access to Adobe Portfolio where you can create a website to share your work.
I used to like having a DVD format but now with the cloud-based suite offering such more range and various plans it is no wonder the DVD was eliminated. With the DVD platform, we only had a couple of choices that would be costing 1000s of dollars up front to purchase.
Many times you would get applications with a set that you never needed or used.
Creative Cloud suites are broken down for specific users. Then various monthly plans are categorized on users different requirements.
The 4 Categories
- Students and Teachers
- Schools and Universities
Break Down of the 4 Categories
Black Friday Deal Through to Nov 25, 2016
Now $10 off / month for the All Apps and All Apps + Stock Image yearly plans
- Photography 9.99/month US$ -Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC, includes portfolio website
- Single App 19.99/month US$ – Pick the App of your choice -Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Muse, Dreamweaver, Animate, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition or InCopy, includes portfolio website and 20G storage
- All Apps (Most Popular) 49.99/month US$ – The full collection of over 20 apps for desktop and mobile, including Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC, portfolio website, 20G cloud storage and premium fonts.
- All Apps and Adobe Stock 79.98/month US$ – Full collection of 20+ creative apps, 10 free Adobe Stock images /month (first month free along with the 10 free images) You cancel risk-free within the first month.
- All Apps 69.99 / month US$ (per license)– Full collection of 20+ creative apps, team website, premium fonts with up to 100G of cloud storage, dedicated 24/7 support
- Single App 29.99 / month US$ (per license)– Choose the app of your choice, team website, premium fonts and up to 100G storage
Students and Teachers
- Photography 9.99 /month US$ – Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC, includes portfolio website -requires institutional affiliation
- All Apps 19.99/ month US$ (promotion plan 1st year for new members, plan saves at least 60%)-Full collection of 20+ creative apps, portfolio website, premium fonts and 20G cloud storage- requires institutional affiliation
Schools and Universities
- All Apps-34.99 / month US$ per user, for small workgroups and departments – Full collection of 20+ creative apps, central console to manage license, up to 100G cloud storage, 24/7 tech support and 1:1 experts – requires institutional affiliation
- Single App 14.99 / month US$ per user, for small workgroups and departments – Choose the app of your choice, central console to manage license, up to 100G cloud storage, 24/7 tech support and 1:1 experts – requires institutional affiliation
- All Apps 299.88/year US$ per device, for classrooms and labs – Full collection of 20+ creative apps -contact 800-685-3638 to order Device License plans
- Single App 155.88/ year US$ per device, for classrooms and labs – Full collection of 20+ creative apps -contact 800-685-3638 to order Device License plans
Take Note Of Theses Deals
Add Adobe Stock to any Creative Cloud Plan and you get 10 free images
Free 30 day trials
Free Apps /free download apps to use with Creative Cloud
1000s of tutorials and access to a community of Adobe Cloud users.
My Review Score
9 / 10
There is not a competitor that I know of that has all these tools available that seamlessly integrate together so well. I would give it a 10 but I still would like to see the price to be lower for both the use of the Adobe Cloud Platform and the stock images. The stock images still seem quite expensive and out of my price range as an independent blogger. I still prefer to pay $99/ year for unlimited downloads at GraphicStock.
Let me know what you think and leave a comment below. Remember sharing is caring, why not click on one of the social icons on the left and share with your friends.